HUA & Co. started operations in 1923; the name was later changed to B.L. HUA & Co., Ltd.
The company was established to import and distribute pharmaceutical product and medical equipment in Siam (Thailand).
The founder of the company was Mr.Kosol Pangsrivongse whose original businesses included rice milling and mining. Mr. Kosol was the president of the Thai-Chinese Chamber of Commerce in 1945.
In 1940 Dr.Kasem Pangsrivongse, the son of Mr.Kosol, graduated with a Master of Science in Pharmacy from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science.
In doing so he gained the distinction of being the very first Thai national with a higher degree in this field. Dr.Kasem's initial career was in government service. Together with other academics of his time, they expanded and upgraded Thailand's only existing Department of Pharmacy at Siriraj's Hospital to produce the first batch of degree graduates in pharmacy.
This initiation has since resulted in the various faculties of pharmacy at other universities around Thailand that we see today.
In 1946, Dr.Kasem served as the president of the Thai Pharmacists Association the official group for professionals in this field.
Dr.Kasem was one of the founders and the first president of Thai Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Association (TPMA).
For his various contributions and services to the academic and industrial developments of the country, Dr.Kasem was graciously conferred an Honorary Doctorate Degree by His Majesty, King Bhumibol, in 1954.